We transformed this utility’s "My Account" site to create an engaging online experience for all customers—including those with disabilities.
At a Glance:
A large natural gas and electricity provider engaged us to implement a complete re-design of their “My Account” site, including creative, accessibility, content management, and global navigation components. We also completed a full re-platform by migrating the site from WebLogic to the WebCenter Portal.
The redesigned site earned the client the No. 5 slot on J.D. Power & Associates’ list of most improved utility websites.
Because the client did not have a content management system in place, all website changes fell to the IT department. This arrangement impeded digital innovation, as changes could only be made twice a year due to IT’s deployment schedule. Every deployment caused a site outage that lasted about 24 hours, resulting in a poor customer experience.
The client also wanted their portal to comply with WCAG 2.0 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) Level AA standards to make it easier for all customers — including those with disabilities — to interact with their site.
Why They Chose Us
The client chose us based on our successful track record in re-designing other utility clients’ customer portals. We offered the flexibility and responsiveness they were seeking as well as a full stack of services, including digital creative, systems integrations, and knowledge of Oracle’s WebLogic and WebCenter Portals.
We successfully re-designed and re-vamped the client’s My Account site, while also moving it from WebLogic to the WebCenter Portal.
• We re-designed both rate-enrollment and e-billing applications.
• We updated the site to meet WCAG 2.0 accessibility guidelines.
• We used the latest responsive design and advanced user interface techniques to update and maintain one set of code throughout the site.
• We fixed the deployment process to ensure that updates could be made more frequently — without shutting the server down.
• We staged the migration between platforms, so that the client could reap the benefits faster without the risk of a “big bang” release.
As a result, the redesigned site earned the client the No. 5 slot on J.D. Power & Associates’ list of most improved utility websites.